Danger Close’s Kevin O’Lary reveals almost everything you need to know about the upcoming Medal of Honor: Warfighter multiplayer.
In a recent Origin question and answer session, O’Lary answers some of the most important multiplayer questions regarding classes, weapons, game modes and the return of Score Chain rewards.
Remember to check out both the single player and multiplayer gameplay footage right here, as well as our multiplayer trailer analysis which reveals tons of new weapons, gadgets and Score Chain rewards. Lastly, you can also get to know the Limited Edition pre-order bonuses at selected retailers.
Check out this exciting round-up of Medal of Honor: Warfighter multiplayer information from the interview and make sure to check out the brand new footage and screens below and leave your thoughts in the comments!
- Called Global Warfighters.
- Class-based system doubled from Medal of Honor 2010. Each will have different abilities and will move slower or faster or carry different weapons.
- Heavy Gunner
- Spec Ops
- Pointman is granted the Heavy Hitters ability which will give players a full round of ammo that deals more damage.
- Bigger variety of weapons and customization. This includes:
- Brand name equipment
- Tactical flashlight
- Camos and skins
- Visual weapon degration
- Micro-destruction will be present in multiplayer.
- Sliding and prone ability will be returning. No “sticky” cover system.
- Multiplayer will feature a Fireteam mechanic where players can work together as a small team.
- You can spawn on your Fireteam buddy
- You can see a green outline of your buddy through walls while in close proximity
- Your buddy will show up in red on the field when killed
- You can give each other ammo
- No word on an open beta.
- Score Chain reweads will be returning.
- Collect points by killing, capturing objectives or helping out buddies.
- You’ll unlock class-specific support actions including an airburst mortar, a heavy machine gun for the demolition class and airstrikes.
- “Cool new gadgets.”
- Weapons are class specific but there will be some that carry over between classes.
- Different modes will include:
- Sector Control with three seperate control points.
- Combat Mission which is more story-based and will have different sets of objectives.
- Smaller maps.
- Max player count will be 10v10.
More Medal of Honor: Warfighter multiplayer gameplay:
Some shots of the multiplayer HUD: